Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Yay! Adventure!

So after my last post this probably seems like the least likely subject, but it fits. We lead pretty normal to average/boring lives. We don't go a lot of places or do a lot of things, but we don't have many dramas in our lives either so we count ourselves blessed. Our adventures in San Francisco and Isaac's while we were gone definitely are out of our norm. It's funny, you go months without any trips or dramas and then BOOM they came right at once. I've been told that all's well that ends well, or at least ends and that's the way we feel.

Isaac was sick before we left and made me the more excited for a chance to be "myself" and not "mommy." The doctor assured us the day we left that he'd be eating crackers and feeling better by that evening so we left. My poor Mother-in-Law was left with a boy who didn't get better and couldn't keep anything down. He lost a bit of weight and was quite dehydrated so he was put in the hospital so he could have an IV.


Meanwhile in windy San Francisco we were doing lots of adventurous things: clinics at a couple different locations, my first experience at In-N-Out Burger (yummy), a concert featuring Bryn Terfel (a welsh singer who is world famous), a bay cruise, shopping at Pier 39, avoiding stinky fish shops, chasing a SF bus that left us behind, choral "competition", and Great America.


The debate raged (and probably still will in the back of our heads) about whether it was better for me to stay with Steve and keep him together and not be liable for any incidents, or come home and hold Isaac while he started to recuperate. There are many arguments to both sides of the story and had the situation and timing been slightly different I would have come home. As it was, I stayed to help Steve since nobody could come and fill in for me there and I had wonderful parents and parents-in-law who could help out at home.


The last load of trip laundry is in the dryer, Isaac is happily napping, and our little family is back together and feeling well. Overall, we got a bit more than we bargained for, but we'll just chalk-it-up to lessons learned and adventures had.

Performing, Us, Seabound, The Bridge, Skyride

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmm...I left a comment, but I wasn't signed in so I don't know if you got it...I'll try again just in case.

I love San Francisco! Actually, I love N. CA in general. It's much more scenic than S. CA. How I miss In 'n Out. That's the first place I go to eat when I go home. It's good to hear things are back to normal again.

Sarah said...

Emily! What a crazy week! I'm glad Issac is finally better. Did they ever say what he had? Cute pics in SF.

Adrienne said...

I'm glad Isaac is feeling better. And where does everyone get these cute backgrounds for their blogs?!!! Am I totally on the out when it comes to cute backgrounds?!

Banks Family said...

Glad everything is back to the norm! You guys deserve a little bit of relaxin!

Suzanne said...

I'm glad you had a good time and that Isaac was well watched over. Somehow I can see and hear you chasing the bus and it makes me smile. :)

The Reynolds said...

I don't know what there is to debate. You made the right decision to stay. Anyone who says otherwise is ignorant and wrong. I'm glad you had a good time. You guys deserve it.
- Brian

shannyn said...

i'm right there with you. while john and i went to florida jack of course got sick and puked all over my mom at church. i was stressed the the whole time but i manages to get over it because i knew he was in goods hands probably the best hands. i'm glad to hear that you enjoyed in n out, it is my all time favorite. if you ever get a craving for it you could go to chadders in amreican fork not quite the same but dang close. i'm glad you had a good time in san fran.

THK ~ Jonathan and Jill said...

So good to hear that you are all back together and life seems to be a bit more "normal". It is crazy when life just comes at you. By the way, we have In-N-Out Burger in AZ and just LOVED it!!! Wish they were everywhere!