It's Monday night and the kids are in bed (finally). Although it doesn't sound at all like there will be sleep anytime soon.
- Steve told me that Friday was the 25th anniversary of the space shuttle Challenger explosion. I barely remember it, but what I do remember is watching the news reports in school (first grade) and seeing the school's flag lowered. I guess this is, in some ways, how some kids will relate to 9/11.
- Had a little recital for my three oboe students on Saturday. I was proud of the efforts that were made. I had one girl that was so nervous! I also "performed" a movement of a Saint-Saens oboe Sonata that I performed in college. Gosh it's been a long time since then. Given the fact that my lungs are smooshed by baby, I consider it a miracle at all that I could even play. It wasn't wonderful, but it had some good moments. There were pictures taken, none of which I will post since I am super puffy looking.
- It seems like a lifetime ago that oboe everything was my life. Before my mission I spent half my waking hours everyday doing something directly oboe related: practice, ensemble rehearsals, lessons, teaching lessons, making reeds, etc. Oboe-ing brought me good things in life either directly or indirectly. I was kindof sad when I changed my major and thus my focus. I am glad to be teaching lessons and keeping that talent alive, but I am glad also for the balance that I have now.
- I wish I could effectively capture the hilarity of Isaac and Kate telling eachother knock-knock jokes. Neither of them has any grasp of what makes a good joke. They both think they are so funny.
- The creatures spotted during our drives through the canyon and nearby now include: moose, deer, a bald eagle, a fox (we nearly hit it), a white rabbit (without a poketwatch :)), more deer, and lots of unidentifiable creatures from a distance.
- January has seemed like a very long month to me. Bring on February!
2 comments:
I thought maybe you had had your baby since you hadn't posted for a little bit. Hope time flies for you. The end of a pregnancy is not fun.
Oh I've been thinking about you! I'm glad you posted. I was beginning to wonder if baby boy made an early arrival. Hope you're feeling wonderful. . .or at least good.
Post a Comment