This was a big step for me.
The day after Thanksgiving I found a killer deal on fleece so I decided to make some cuddle blankets for when we moved the "big kids" to their bunk beds. Here we are and I'm just now getting them finished. They both love the prints on them, even though you can't see them very well. Isaac's are trucks and Kate's are bugs. I learned a lot from this little experiment in fabric choice, but the kids really do love them and that's the point.
Kate is saying "cheese," not chewing out her book as it appears.
Her hair is also really "full of static" (since I don't know if staticky is even a word).
Today we actually managed a trip to the library. The bigger feat, though, will be remembering to return or renew on time. I contribute to the library in the form of fines more frequently than is a good idea. The library is expensive for us.Her hair is also really "full of static" (since I don't know if staticky is even a word).
Lately I feel a lot like Doug the dog from the movie "Up": very distracted. It seems to take me forever to accomplish something like cleaning the kitchen, because I leave to put something away in another room and remember something else in that room that I was going to do. I even went to my Dr. appointment with the nails painted on one foot because I couldn't finish the job myself then got distracted when I went to ask Steve to help. It's okay because I know the end of this pregnancy is close and I can laugh about it.
So there you have it: proof that we are still around and trying to make good use of our time.
5 comments:
Your post is hilarious. I love our library, the nice ladies take the fines off for us moms that come to storytime. Yay for small towns! Good luck with baby on the way.
I had to laugh about the library and feeling distracted like Doug. You are so cute! (Love the belly shot too!) The blanket turned out great and will be so fun for the "big kids". Best wishes with the baby!
Hang in there cute mom! The blankets turned out darling. And for the record, we can't wait to meet "insert name" either!
Awww love you Em!
How I can relate!! Although I don't do blankets or quilts. You're fabulous and you will make it!!!
Post a Comment