- Our new year is off to a good start. I didn't really want to set any resolutions this year since I figure I'll have my hands full keeping up with things I am already doing. The past couple years I have kindof kept a specific word in mind as a resolution of sorts. This year my word or goal is to be "consistent." I feel like I have a lot of semi-habits that are pretty good, but need my focus on being more consistent. More consistent quality scripture study, more consistent exercise, more consistent quality mommy time with my kids, etc.
- As I drove to a Dr. appointment with Kate in the back seat I was so happy to hear how much of a vocabulary Kate is developing. For a while we were concerned of her lack of expressive language and had her tested to see if there were any issues that needed to be addressed. They said she was behind, but nothing that needed to be addressed. Since that time it has amazed me how she has gone from 10 words at 20 months old to over 5o words and phrases at just over 2 years old. I hear her say new things every day. She still is pretty tight-lipped around other people, but she can be quite the chatterbox around us. Today she sat and sang along with the disney songs I had playing for her in the car. It was a great thing to hear.
- About the singing. I love to hear both my kids playing together in their room and singing little songs as they play. Isaac puts on quite the little performances for Kate. It is so pleasant to hear the little songs in their hearts come out.
- Not that they are always singing. They have their unpleasant moments, too.
- We are finally in possession of the dining set and bar stools that we purchased before Thanksgiving. So happy to have something of our own.
- This baby boy is quite the kicker. The nurse today was impressed with the kicks she could see while we visited. He actually made me jump at one point this morning.
2 comments:
consistent is a good word- i could use some of that myself!
i like reading your thoughts. that's all.
I am in agreement. Consistency is what I am striving for this year since last year was fraught with a lack of it.
I would LOVE to see videos of Kate and Isaac singing. I have hardly heard a word out of Kate, but I am sure she has an adorable voice. The kind that would make me melt into a puddle of "I'll do anything to please you" gushiness. Seriously, I can just imagine.
Post a Comment