In an effort to make things easier on myself and stop the fights over hair clippies, we took Kate and had my cute neighbor cut her hair. I LOVE IT! Kate can mess it up, but it still looks like I did it and that she is cared for. Mission accomplished.
According to local news reports we got 26 inches of snow. I believe it. We feel a little buried alive. As a result of the snow and winter driving conditions we have pretty much cancelled everything for the past couple days, including plans for our anniversary.
Not that our anniverary plans turned out the way we had envisioned, but we still had a great day. One thing I love about him is that we don't have to go anywhere special to enjoy eachother. He made us a great dinner and I made dessert and we went through all of our wedding pictures with the kids. (At this point, I was so grateful that Kate could recognize me in our pictures since skinny wedding day Emily hasn't been around for a little while :))
On Monday Steve's dad brought up the bunk beds that he made for Steve and his brother(s) to use when they were at home. Isaac has been really looking forward to sleeping on the top. Kate was initially excited to be in a big girl bed, but a cold has made it hard for her to sleep so we've had a couple of rough nights. The transition, though, is going more easily than with Isaac since she has a buddy to sleep in the room with.
Not that our anniverary plans turned out the way we had envisioned, but we still had a great day. One thing I love about him is that we don't have to go anywhere special to enjoy eachother. He made us a great dinner and I made dessert and we went through all of our wedding pictures with the kids. (At this point, I was so grateful that Kate could recognize me in our pictures since skinny wedding day Emily hasn't been around for a little while :))
This picture of Kate with one cute little piggytail and the rest a mess is a prime example of why we cut her hair. I think this particular day I attempted to do her hair 4 different times before giving up. I love to do her hair, but not the same style over and over in a day.
This picture is for my family. When my brother and sister were very little, he would pile all his toys on his bed with my baby sister in her carseat and would "go on a trip." This is Isaac with Kate and all their belongings heading on a "family vacation to Grandma's house."
And this is how our Christmas break started, with Isaac at his snowy preschool program. Here he is very seriously jingling his jingle bell during their program. He has been singing it all break.
It has been a good week or so. I love time with my family.
No comments:
Post a Comment