Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Thoughts

I'm trying to remember all that we've been up to this past week, but it seems like a blur. Does that happen to anyone else?
- Finished up the last of our Christmas shopping. I am hoping for some happy, surprised, kiddies this year. I've talked a bit with my Mom about this, but it is much harder to please kids while trying to stay within a budget than I thought. This is a major reason we do Black Friday like we do, it definitely helps when you can get what you're after. I am pretty pleased with what Santa is bringing and *think* Isaac in particular will be pleased.
- Kate is now officially 2 years old. It seems like they get "big" so quick, but since we're expecting #3 I feel like it's about time, too. Does that make sense? We had a great little get together with Grandparents. Isaac and Kate have been enjoying her new toys. Isaac is particularly fond of Kate's zhu zhu pet and see 'n' say. Kate loves those, too, but is always holding her new baby doll while she plays with them. She's one lucky girl!
- Steve is done with the school musical. I always try to go see it so I can put all of what I've heard about together in my mind. The kids did a great job! It is gratifying to see something made out of nothing and to see things come together after the hours the cast and crew and teachers put in.
- I think we're headed to see the WHS choirs perform in SLC today. I am hoping to take the kids to the church museum and the visitors center. I remember doing that when I was little and remember the impressions made. I am a little nervous about logistics (parking, getting kids here and there) and hoping I won't get worn out before they do, but I like that we can do this.
-It occurred to me this morning that when *we* start kindergarten next year that we might not be in a position to go hear the choirs next year. I've enjoyed going every year since we had Isaac. It kindof makes me sad to be thinking about moving to a new stage in our family. I do like having my kids around me (at least most of the time).
- This will probably only be funny to Steve's family, but Kate started giving us "squeezes" this week. In his family they will give eachother a big squeeze or little squeeze on the shoulder while saying "squeeze." This is a substitute for a nice gentle hug, but it is understood as loving. (At least when you're used to it, otherwise it might look a little "abusive" as it kindof did to Marja's family when they first saw it :)) It's something that you'd really have to see to get, but Kate picked up on it. The funny thing is that she can't really squeeze you anywhere but around the knees and when she say's squeeze it almost comes out as a growl.

2 comments:

The Reynolds said...

Just watch out for those pinches. I do it now all the time & occasionally get weird looks from outside the family. Ha!

Kamaile said...

I can't believe Kate is already 2. Crazy. I think we need to see video of the squeezes. Sounds too cute!