- How do you keep from going stir crazy without leaving the house? I have a feeling that this winter is going to need some new ideas to keep kiddos occupied while cooped up. We just don't go many places because of many things, but weather, lack of energy, trying to stay well, and distance are at the top of the list. Today's attempts include working on snuggle quilts for the kids and making some playdoh.
- The TV and I are at odds. Sortof. I guess it's a love/hate relationship. With the yard not fenced and it being so cold, going outside isn't a great option. I'm also really clumsy, er... clumsier than normal at this point, so I try to avoid the snow and ice. Long story short, I'm sick of TV, but it is saving us right now.
- Speaking of clumsy... have any of you ever spilled the sacrament tray of water on your child's head? Just wondering.
- Yesterday during oboe lessons Isaac stuck a macaroni noodle (dry) up his nose. Then he couldn't get it out so he started screaming like a banshee. Meanwhile Kate was sick and just wanted to be held. It was a good thing Steve was around and able to rehearse with my students for our little recital. It was one of those times when I think I should be paying them for their time.
- Why do kids stick things up their noses? My sister stuck tic-tacs up her nose when she was little. I may have stuck bar-soap up my nose, or maybe it was Sarah. All evidence points to the fact that all kids do it. Why?
- Isaac has he funniest ways of saying things. Yesterday he told me a CD he was holding was making a path of sunshine (reflecting) on his seat. This morning he told me it would "make me very pleased" if he could do something.
- Kate is singing "Bicycyle Built for Two" at the top of her lungs right now. The beginning, Daisy...Daisy..., is all she can really sing.
3 comments:
That's some pretty funny stuff.
I'd love to be closer and let my kids play with your kids. Emma is well past the age of putting things in her mouth; but beads and coins are the two exceptions. Why coins? Money is so filthy. Why? Ewwww.
McKay just stuck a goldfish cracker up his nose last week! It was traumatic, but it came out (the back way) on its own after awhile. We were driving and there wasn't much I could do about it. I don't know why they stick things up there, but they sure do!
I love how he said you would be very pleased. So cute.
Hopefully you guys are catching some of our nice weather. We went out on walks a couple times this week. Although, maybe walking isn't too appealing if you're pregnant.
Maybe Isaac was wondering if the noodle would fit in his nose. This girl my mom babysat when I was little stuck bits of dryer sheet up her nose. I guess they had to take her to the doctor to get it taken out.
Post a Comment