A big thing for me personally, and for each of our kids each week, has been our Let's Play Music and Sound Beginnings classes. I decided to teach these classes because I wanted the kids to have this experience, and it is so fun that I get to be their teacher.
Isaac is learning so well, and can't wait to be playing the piano next year. He is already playing around with things he can pick out by ear and loves the puppet shows that teach intelligent listening to classical music.
Kate does so well in hearing the music. We have discovered that she has a really great sense of pitch. Currently (spring 2013) she can sing middle C - Do is Home - almost perfectly without a piano or other cue. She may or may not retain this forever, but it is proof to me that she is internalizing things.
Andrew amazes me as he catches on to concepts and songs from both classes as his older siblings. I regularly catch him playing in his room and singing songs from both classes. He loves to sing Goodbye Old Paint.
I never remember to get pictures of my first year LPM classes - class is so packed and full that it's over before I know it. But, a mom in my Thursday Sound Beginnings class regularly brings her camera, so I'll share a few that she sent to me:
Sunday, April 14, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2013
(27)
-
▼
April
(18)
- Wowza!! All caught up...
- Day-Trip to Logan
- Easter 2013
- Sarah's Visit and Kate's trip to the ER
- Andrew's Birthday!!
- St. George Trip
- Dentist, Dentist, Dentist
- Christmas 2012
- Student of the Month
- School-Day Buddies
- Kate Turned 4!
- New Family Pictures
- Loving My Music Classes!
- Temple Square Concert and Lights
- Another lost tooth!!
- A Blast from My MDM Past
- Halloween 2012
- Reynolds Grand-kids Halloween Party 2012
-
▼
April
(18)





No comments:
Post a Comment