Sunday, April 14, 2013

A Blast from My MDM Past

 We had the opportunity to host some YW from the Daniels Canyon Ward Young Women for a missionary evening.  I got to share favorite experiences and a favorite treat from my LDS mission in Detroit, Michigan.  I chose to make Pazcki, a polish donut of sorts.  The Detroit area is full of traditions from other regions.  I have fond memories of eating those in Southfield and in Livonia areas with two different companions.
This effort was my first attempt at these lovelies.  I think they turned out pretty well, despite my inexperience.  Kate and Andrew approved, and couldn't wait for their chance to try them.  YUMMY!!
It was fun for me to share pictures and conversion stories, and funny ones too, about my mission.  I loved my  mission experience so much.  It was such a brief, yet wonderful time in my life.  Sometimes it seems almost liked I dreamed it, because it seems so long ago and far away.  I hope the YW that came will take the opportunity to serve a mission...

No comments:

Blog Archive