- I am really entertained lately by Isaac and Kate playing together. He always takes the lead, so they play what he wants. I heard him ask if she wanted to play "Babies Cook." A couple weeks ago it was "American Sharks, American Families." First, do both of these games sound like just really bad ideas to you? I should have listened in to hear how the sharks and families thing worked. Second, I am amused that he labels and gives a title to what they are playing.
- Andrew's 2 month appointment proved that he is a growing boy: 12 lbs 13 oz (76th percentile), 23 inches long. I love the fact that we have a bigger baby. Not that he's huge, but for our family he is. We love kissing his little fat rolls. I love his cheeks, too. They kind of squish when you kiss them and I LOVE IT!
- By another name: Grumpy (from Snow White) is Santa; the neighbor's smallish dog with ears that stick up is a kitty (Kate looks out the window and says " Hello, Kitty."); and according to Isaac, tights are "sock pants."
- This morning we got to be part of a fun surprise for Steve at his school. The community foundation sponsors an award for one teacher and one staff member at each school in the district, sort of a teacher of the year award. This award, the ACE award, is based on nominations from students, parents, and other teachers. This year Steve is the teacher ACE award winner at his school! The principal, foundation members, superintendent, and our little family plus Steve's Mom were able to surprise him with the news in his classroom this morning. We think he kept saying something like, "I'm so embarrassed!" Even if he doesn't want the attention, I am sure proud of him. There are many deserving teachers at his school, so it is quite an honor for him.
- Over spring break we were able to do a bunch of fun stuff together including planting some cold-hardy vegetables in our garden and bowling as a family. It probably doesn't need to be said what not good bowlers we are if Kate came in first place (I think hers was a 12o.)
HAVE A HAPPY EASTER!!
1 comment:
So many things that you said cracked me up!!! I love the names Isaac gives to everything - he looks so grown up in that picture of him coloring Easter eggs. I can imagine a new adventure series called "American Sharks, American Families". I'd watch for sure. Kate looks so peaceful in Andrew's bouncer. She's growing up too, and so is Andrew-what a big guy. Too cute. Insert "thoughtful girl noise" here...lol. I'm going to call my nylons (or stockings as they are called here) sock pants. I LOVE it! And you can't tell that Steve has on an orange shirt in that picture. Sounds like a lot of fun things in your neck of the woods. I love you guys!!!
Post a Comment