If, as *they* say, a picture is worth a thousand words, then this will be a novel. I actually have pictures to prove that Isaac plays soccer, that grass is growing, and that things are happenin' up in our valley.
This week (if I can remember all the way back to last Saturday) consisted of General RS meeting with my Mom and Steph, craziness on Sunday with our ward's first Primary program rehearsal, finally getting my oboe repaired and playing an instrument with no leaks or cork problems (HEAVEN), park dates with friends, appointments of various sorts, soccer, pack meeting, and other craziness.
Isaac's part in the program is pretty simple so we thought we had him pretty well prepared to say his few words. Boy did we get a laugh when he took full advantage of his turn at the microphone and told the primary that Jesus thinks he is a good boy and a few other things I totally missed because I was trying not to laugh. One of the other teachers told us that was the most awesome thing she'd ever heard.
These next two pictures are worth a thousand words. Definitely. Can you see how serious Isaac is about his soccer. Isaac is slowly, emphasis on that word, getting better about taking swings at the other kids. I get a kick out of how competitive he is, though. On the day this picture was taken I watched him get tripped and fall then he rolled a couple feet to the feet of the nearest kids and try to take a few kids down with him. Alrighty then...
Today's game was actually really good since the two most aggressive kids on his team were gone and they played a team that was well matched in terms of size and skill. Isaac had a couple pretty good runs with the ball, taking it from one end of the field almost to the goal. He was right in there today and pretty happy until he caught an elbow in the nose and got a bloody nose. Steve is also getting better (he he he)- he even filled in for the coach today.
This was a picture of our grass last week after getting home from soccer. Definitely coming, but it is more exciting to compare it to this week and see that it is filling in. We're still trying to really decide on shrubs and such for our raised beds in the front, so right now all we have planted there is spring bulbs (tulips and daffodils).
Taken today... see it filling in.
3 comments:
I love the soccer pictures! Ha ha! That is so cute of Isaac. Sounds like they are great soccer games to watch. I would have loved to hear him during the primary program too! How fun. Congrats on the grass - it's looking good! Pretty soon Isaac will be playing soccer on it!
Looks fantastic!!! I am jealous of your dirt. I am glad that all of your hard work is paying off.
The Boy
Yay! I love Isaac's "thumbs up"! That's so cute. Glad to see the grass is greener on the other side too :). I love new fuzzy grass. You guys have put in so much work in the yard-grass is the reward!
Post a Comment