(And other randomness from our week.)
- After expecting rain, but receiving none I headed out to water the "lawn" with the only water sprayer we had, Isaac's Fisher-Price sprayer. I wasn't thinking this would be a problem since I have used it before and been impressed by the power of it. Pretty sturdily made, says I. After attaching it to the hose I turned on the water and pretty much nothing happened. So, assuming operator error (which made me feel slightly stupid because it was just a hose) I called Steve just to see what I was doing wrong, which was nothing. So I fired it up again and only slightly more water came out. At this point my neighbor came walking by and admired the fine equipment I was using. After trying for a bit to water this way, I gave up on the sprayer and just tried to make it spray using my thumb. All-in-all a very less effective way to water. It was later as I was putting sprayer and hose away that I decided Fisher-Price was not to blame. As I dropped the sprayer a whole bunch of dead wasps fell out! Apparently I had flushed their whole nest out of the faucet or sprayer or something. GROSS!
- Isaac finished his soccer "season" with no major wounds or hatred for the sport. He actually did score a goal the day his grandparents came up to watch. He is asking when he can play again, so I am grateful this has been someting he wants to do again.
- Kate has decided that the dishtowel drawer is her doll blanket drawer. I can't keep up with where they all go. If I try to reclaim them she uses her newest vocabulary word on me: MINE!
- Isaac is still the train lover of the world. The other day while building the train together Isaac asked me if what he just did "made good sense." I have no idea where he got that.
- It's fair to say that any aversion I had to sweets during the first few months of pregnancy has now completely disappeared. Someone help me cause it's Halloween and the holidays. I'll be gaining weight like a 4H project!
- I have a hard time not fiddling with things. Kate's hair is a prime example since it is a source of frustration for me. So yesterday I cut it into a little bob. I LOVE IT!! It was so easy to do today and she has left it alone and it is out of her eyes! (Not fabulous pictures but at least she looks happy...)
3 comments:
Way to go cutting Kate's hair. It looks really good. I'm debating whether or not to do Ellery's myself. Girl hair is just so much more complicated! Ellery's drives me crazy sometimes too, especially since she ONLY wants to wear it down. OKay, maybe her hair doesn't drive me crazy, maybe it's just her :)
Cute haircut! I'm impressed you did that yourself. I cut Makua's hair once and I've taken him to Cookie Cutters ever since. :P
It's a good thing you drowned all those wasps. I can't imagine dealing with a swarm. Scary.
That is quite a story! And quite a hair cut. Did you actually cut it yourself?! I'm so impressed! I love your family pictures. Your "mantle worthy" picture is definitely that..I love it!! What a cute family.
Post a Comment