Sunday, March 28, 2010

Our Week

My friend always does a post on Sunday nights about her thoughts from the week. I would love to do that, but not sure I could (or should?) commit to that. But, with that in mind I do have some thoughts from our week

- It occurred to me this week that I might be to the point where I feel like cutting miss muffet's hair this week. Scary, huh? It is sad to think of cutting her baby hair because somehow that makes her a little more grown up. The games that we play when I put her hair in piggy-tails are the main motive. I LOVE the piggy tails; I hate when she pulls them out and her hair looks all crazy. So we'll see if cutting it so her little baby mullet in the back is tame-able and I can just curl it under (and no more pulling out elastic bands or having to try to find them so they don't get eaten).
- I have really poor punctuation when I am blogging because my ideas get all jumbled and I just type. This really tests Steve's love for me. I am punctuation/grammar challenged since having kids.
- I am excited to be planning our yard. I am kindof surprised to think that I might like gardening. I always begged and traded indoor jobs with my siblings so I wouldn't have to weed or *gasp* mow the lawn.
- I am REALLY looking forward to LDS General Conference. I wish there was a way to get the kids to be really quiet and still so I could easily just soak it in.
- My brother-in-law got accepted to a MFA program in Virginia. Yay!! We're still holding out for an acceptance letter at Winthrop. He is an artist with a very distinct style - his sense of humor really comes through. Here's a link to one of his online galleries. This particular painting has over 40,000 hits - probably from those who don't like the Twilight book series. This one is of the Count from Sesame Street punching out Edward from Twilight... He is not a fan.

No comments: