Last year (and this year) my friend has had a word that summarized what she was/is going to focus on. I have been thinking along those same lines and decided not to make any new resolutions, but to continue making improvements along the way, as I always do. This is where my word of the year comes in. It was prompted by our Stake President's testimony on Sunday talking about what he can't do and what he can do.
So I decided my word for the year is CAN. Sometimes I have this little voice in my head that keeps me from doing or starting things because I don't think I can do or don't think I can do them well enough to satisfy myself. So this year I am going to remind myself of things I CAN do and do them, and not worry about the things I can't change.
3 comments:
Great word and I'm glad you've decided to choose one this year too!
ah, i like the no resolution thing. tried that over and over again and i never stick to them. it's okay though because at least it gets you thinking and trying if only for awhile. but i love the word of the year idea- very cute.
I love your thought of chosing a word to focus on - puts an interesting perspective on things and also makes more parts of life fit into goal setting. Love the idea - thanks for sharing. Hope your new year is off to a good start!
Post a Comment