Thursday, October 1, 2009

Sayin' Somethin'

It is days like today, when in social settings, that I realize Isaac and I are more alike than I sometimes think. We went to our co-op preschool today and had a blast. It was comments that Isaac and I made that struck me as similiar.

As we were chatting beforehand we were talking about this and that and there was a lull in the conversation and I was thinking how much I am looking forward to conference this weekend. What came out was(rather awkwardly, I must add): I am so excited for conference! It's been 9 months since I had a challenging calling and 5 since I had one at all and I feel like I am spiritually starving. I am someone who replays things over in my head too many times so I have thought how it must have seem that I blurted that out, out of the blue. I guess you can tell what is on my mind. So anyway... I don't think I am usually that awkward or forward, but the censor switch must be broken today.
As was Isaac's. As they were dressing the weather bear Isaac blurts out "I'm a handsome boy!" He was wearing a new sweater and I cut his hair yesterday so he must have felt that way. Later when discussing bats the question was asked, "When do bats come out? (at night)" his reply was "in 4 weeks." Which, I guess if they are a symbol of halloween is true.
So there you have it. No censor-switch for either of us.

6 comments:

Suzanne said...

I've worked with you and I would never have put you in that category. I on the other hand, define it! :)

hoffblog said...

Em, I wouldn't worry about it too much-we all have those moments, but it's not one of your character traits. As far as Isaac goes, I laughed out loud about the 'handsome' comment and he's right about the bats. You guys are great!!

Suzy Q said...

I understand the no calling stress. You're a "new" Mom again so they think you need your space. But it is a bit spiritually draining to have to do it on your own. Not "forced" to study because you have to teach. Personally I think, count your blessings. Because as soon as you mention you are ready for a calling they'll either stick you in Nursery or as the new RS Pres. :) Love you bunches, enjoy Conference!

Adrienne said...

and I still don't have a visiting teaching companion! last one was you.

Crystal said...

I agree with Suzanne. I was there and neither comment seemed out of place. Your comment was honest and not akward, and Isaac's was a three old being hilarious and cute. Thanks so much for organizing co-op we are loving it

Anonymous said...

I haven't gotten a calling in my new ward and I'm actually kind of enjoying it. We were in the Primary for 3 years and I so enjoy going to RS now.