I've mentioned before that we've been potty training. Isaac's hardest thing has been pooping in the potty. While at TJMax in Park City he found a Thomas toy that he really wanted so we let him earn it as a potty prize (specifically for pooping in the potty.) Today, Isaac earned his train. "I'm so pround!" was Isaac's reaction. Mine is more one of relief. We have really gotten a pretty good handle on things. I'm not going to go as far as to say that he is trained since he still wears diapers at night, but he hasn't had a daytime accident all week.
Friday, October 2, 2009
Potty "Train"
Warning: This post uses language like poop, potty, and diaper.

I've mentioned before that we've been potty training. Isaac's hardest thing has been pooping in the potty. While at TJMax in Park City he found a Thomas toy that he really wanted so we let him earn it as a potty prize (specifically for pooping in the potty.) Today, Isaac earned his train. "I'm so pround!" was Isaac's reaction. Mine is more one of relief. We have really gotten a pretty good handle on things. I'm not going to go as far as to say that he is trained since he still wears diapers at night, but he hasn't had a daytime accident all week.
I've mentioned before that we've been potty training. Isaac's hardest thing has been pooping in the potty. While at TJMax in Park City he found a Thomas toy that he really wanted so we let him earn it as a potty prize (specifically for pooping in the potty.) Today, Isaac earned his train. "I'm so pround!" was Isaac's reaction. Mine is more one of relief. We have really gotten a pretty good handle on things. I'm not going to go as far as to say that he is trained since he still wears diapers at night, but he hasn't had a daytime accident all week.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I love the smile on Isaac's face. Pure joy! I'm glad potty training is working out for you. I put it on the back burner when we were packing and moving and now I think I'll just wait till after the holidays are over.
yea issac! and what a relief for you, emily!
and to make you feel better, mckay was in pullups for about three months after potty training. we called them sleeping underwear (i found that the walgreen's brand is cheap and worked well for us) and he didn't even know they were "diapers". he had a hard time waking up during the night to pee. my two cents!
Good work, team. Issac looks so happy and I bet that's nothing compared to how you must feel. Thank goodness for motivators.
Post a Comment