Friday, January 16, 2009

Addiction and Smiles



So our computer is having some hiccups right now (not sure if Isaac is to blame or not so we're giving him the benefit of the doubt) and it has brought me to a realization: I have an addiction. I have always had a need to have some sort of creative outlet. Since my years in college, it has always been either music or scrapbooking. I wouldn't claim to be a pro either way, but I enjoy them. I am an oboe player - was even a music major at one point and fairly dedicated and did myself proud. I still enjoy that, but Isaac's fascination with all the shiny keys on my oboe plus a sleeping infant have kindof limited what I can do that way, although I do teach some oboe lessons. My easiest outlet these days is scrapbooking. I have quite the supplies for traditional scrapbooking, but nowhere to do that since we "lost" our computer room to making a room for Isaac. That brings us to my addiction. Digital scrapbooking.

Since acquiring photoshop I have spent many happy hours (and I do mean many) shopping for supplies, editing pictures, and putting the pics in layouts. I love it because it is something I can do extensively, or just fiddle with in a spare moment or two between the goings-on of the day. It feels like I am getting some "me" time, if only just a few minutes here or there. Because of our computer problems I have to run the computer in safe mode and can't run photoshop. I didn't realize this would leave such a void, but it has. Apparently I have a problem...

Before the computer problems, I took some pictures of Kate smiling (yay!!!). In fact, that's what I was working on as it crashed. (I was editing the pictures to take a little of the baby acne away so you see her face. It was therapeutic-I kindof felt like I was helping her little face to heal. Another bonus to PSE.)I kindof think she has a dimple in her right cheek, but you can't really see it in these pics. (Maybe she really doesn't have one and I just have Mommy goggles on...)Hope you enjoy.

3 comments:

Banks Family said...

What a Cutie! Hope you get your computer figured out. I know how frusterating it can be. Looks like you are doing very well with the 2!

Adrienne said...

oh I do love that little angel! I love the first one especially!

Poulsen People said...

What a little cutie! Her smile just makes me giggle!