Tuesday, December 16, 2008

The Way Things Are

I can't help but type the title and in my mind I hear the little mice from Babe saying those words as a chapter title. (Yes I've watched a little too much TV lately, mostly of the children's variety.)
Isaac informed us the other night as we drove home that we were headed to his house. Steve asked him if it was Kate's house, too. The reply and conversation went something like this: "No, just Isaac's house. I shut the door." "Is it Mommy and Daddy's house?" "No, just Isaac's." So there you have it. A toddler world summed up quite easily.

By the way, we are still doing well. We are making the best of our newborn confinement (the stage where you really can't go anywhere because by the time you get the baby fed, changed, and everything pulled together it is time to feed the baby again). Bit by bit I feel like we are getting our feet back under us again. Funny how a little baby can turn everything wonderfully topsy turvy.

5 comments:

Suzanne said...

That stage doesn't last for long, so enjoy every minute of it. And give a few baby kisses away for me.

Sarah said...

Ahhh! I need to come see you and your babe! I can't beleive I haven't yet. McKay got sick when we planned to play with Issac, I'm sure Adrienne told you. And then just busy busy Christmas stuff/parties happenning. But just know that I've been thinking about you and I'll call you soon to visit.

Anonymous said...

Good times. Sometimes it's nice to just sit at home and enjoy the slow pace.

Adrienne said...

Amen to that. All of it.

Anonymous said...

Yes, yes, I agree. It does get better though. I thought it was harder adjusting to two than to three. Best wishes!