Thursday, December 11, 2008

Gratitude

I am happy to report that week one has gone well. I think Steve and I are very impressed at/grateful for the difference that a little experience with one baby makes with the next. It has been so nice to have realistic expectations of how to deal with a newborn. That was the hardest thing about Isaac, since he was the first. We just didn't know how to deal with the crying and lack of sleep and trying to understand what he needed.


Kate is a "good" baby so far. She doesn't just cry to burn off steam. When she cries there is a legitimate reason and those reasons are pretty easy to read and so far pretty easy to fix. Yay! She is a sleepy baby, which makes feeding interesting but is kindof nice at night because she goes a bit longer between feedings (5 hours last night). I know that this sleep trend isn't something likely to stay this way for much longer. Sleepy newborn.


I have to report that I feel so much gratitude for everything right now. Pretty much everything, I think. Like: Steve and his sensitivity to my needs (especially grateful at night when he gets up and sits/sleeps nearby when I am up with her). Isaac and how sweet he is with Kate. Perspective/the church. Not being/feeling pregnant. Medicine (which for some reason I never got last time). Family. Friends. Christmas music. Looking forward to Christmas. Hobbies to keep me grounded.

1 comment:

Banks Family said...

Congrats, kate is so adorable. Way to go! I feel the second has been a lot less stressful as well. You know what to expect a little bit more. Good luck on week #2.