Monday, October 20, 2008

One of the things I love...




I really love a lot of things about Steve. But here's a big one, he can cook. He is always able to help me out with dinner and stuff. This project, is not mine however. Steve really does try to be an interesting and fun teacher (even though he tells his students -jokingly?- that fun is the F word). The past couple years that Steve has taught French he has made crepes for his French students to enjoy on a catch-up/reward day that he schedules in. Having never had crepes growing up, these are quite a treat. Steve learned from his Grandma McMillan when she made them for all the grandkids on their overnight sleepouts at her house. (She called them Swedish pancakes. Admittedly, I don't know what the difference is.) I just think it is a fun side of my dear hubby.

4 comments:

Suzy Q said...

We call them Roll Ups in our house. And Jared makes them. I can't flip a crepe to save my life.

Suzanne said...

Okay now I'm craving crepes and wishing my husband could make them...thanks Emily! ;)

Anonymous said...

That's awesome that Steve cooks. My French teacher would have a crepe party at his house around Christmas time every year for the AP students. It was jolly good fun. I'm surprised he let us know where he lived.

shannyn said...

it seems like it is a male thing to be able to make crepes. john makes them too and i can't figure out how to rotate the pan to spread the mixture evenly. that is really nice of him to make all of those for his class, i never had a teacher do anything nice for my class. when is the baby due?