With my fantastic weekend behind me, I have a minute to blog about it. Steve took me for an overnight stay at Little America in SLC. We met my Dad in SLC and he and Isaac went home on the bus (a fun new experience for him that we have been hearing about repeatedly). He had a great time with G'ma and G'pa N - I think they had fun, but will need a while to rest and recuperate.
Our room was awesome! It had to have been AT LEAST 1/2 of the size of our condo and was on the 14th floor so we had a good view of the city. We were able to have dinner there and then go to Trolley Square for a bit. Then we came back and just relaxed. It was so nice to be Steve and Emily and not Daddy and Mommy (we still love you, Isaac). In the morning we got up and went to the brunch buffet in the hotel. It was WONDERFUL!!! Steve tried eggs benedict for the first time, I particularly enjoyed the fresh fruit bar and bacon and hash browns.
As we started to leave, we discovered that we'd picked up a piece of metal in one of our tires. (Funny how the pavement under the tires feels so bumpy when your tire is flat...) So we just pulled into a different parking spot in the parking garage and Steve went to work on fixing it. Even with a flat tire, I would say I still feel blessed because it would've been hard if we'd had Isaac (but didn't) and we were in a covered place (no rain to make things miserable) and we didn't have a deadline of anywhere to be. Little tender mercies. I am also grateful that Steve was there to take care of it - I refreshed my skills (not that I've ever had to take care of a flat by myself, but I now feel that I could).
After taking care of that, we went to the Gateway, the Lion House pantry for a lunch of ...cheesecake, then drove slowly to my parent's house to switch cars and go shopping in Layton. Then we had a family dinner/fhe. Nicholas and Lorie announced#2 to arrive in April. :)
Two years ago I am not sure I would've felt "ready" to turn 30. But as I think about it now (not that it makes a difference if I am ready or not), I really am ready. I think about the different things and phases I've been through in just the past 10 years and I am ready to be 30. I have been a student in two different majors, been on a mission to a different world (Detroit IS a different world than SLC, you have to admit), had my share of dating ups and downs, gratefully and happily married to Steve, taught second grade, starting to learn how to be a mom of one and looking forward to #2, church experiences, etc. I hope that I will reach the point of being old enough to only value what is important to the Lord and not dwell so much on the world's outside view of me, but I am closer than I was 10 years ago. I am grateful for all my 20's have brought me and I am looking forward to the 30's.
5 comments:
Happy 30th! I'm glad you're ready for the 30s. It's good to look at what you've accomplished.
Adam took me to Little America for one of our anniversaries and I loved it too. I agree, the Eggs Benedict is amazing and is now my favorite breakfast item. Their crepes were good too. And the fresh mozzarella, and the bread pudding....it's sad that it was years ago and I still remember how yummy the food was.
Happy Birthday Emily! You're just getting started in life. I've got lots more experience and I've never had Eggs Benedict. Hmmmm I think I have some catching up to do.
hey there. Happy 30th. I like your view. I think I'll adopt it even if I've been 30 for several months now.
I didn't pay attention to it happening. Maybe an embrace will be good.
Thanks!
I can say Happy Birthday with feeling because I too have a Birthday that same day. If that doesn't give a clue as to who I am, your Sherlock Skills need some sharpening. It truly has been an amazing ride thus far and 30 years seems like it has flown by. I still feel like I'm 5-perpetually. I'm also ready for 30 for reasons undisclosed. Anyway, Happy Birthday again.
Post a Comment