This post has been forming in my brain for a while. I am not a New Year's Resolution kind of person, but I do try to set goals for myself. I have some goals that have been in the works for a while.
First, is my goal to be a runner. Not in the sense that I, at this point, am aiming for marathons or Ragnar or anything, but starting small. I have always been a slow runner. In Jr. High I "speed walked" the mile "run" faster than I had "run" it the day before. To an experienced runner, this probably says lots about my technique and a whole host of other things. My goal is to do a small race this summer, probably a 5k, and not stop. I have been doing the "Couch to 5K" method indoors. I am super slow outdoors, but can say that I am proud of myself for running a mile more than I ever had before. So, if you are in the area and see me out, just know that I am slowly improving and hopefully will be able to do the 5k in a respectable time. Lately I haven't been as diligent about this since Andrew's teething and earlier sunrise have cut into my morning, but I haven't given up. I would love to lose weight as a result, but I decided that can't be the motivation with this so that isn't the focus. If that happens, it will be a bonus.
My second goal didn't really start out as a goal, but more as a family goal or want. My sister-in-law became a teacher for Let's Play Music and has told me so much about this fabulous program. In exploring our options, the closest teacher would be in Park City, but she wasn't going to be teaching first year classes when I wanted to start Isaac. So the next option was for me to become a teacher, which I have been in the process of. I have filled 2 first-year classes to start in August. I was also allowed to start their new toddler music classes (Sound Beginnings) so Kate and Andrew will have something comparable to be involved in. I *LOVE* these programs. I adore that my children are singing and thinking about music in a different way, even after only minimal exposure to Let's Play Music. I also think it will be a good link to what Steve does. So excited for this!
2 comments:
What great goals! I wish we were still around the corner. I'd have a kid in each of your classes. I'm sure they will be superb!
Ok, so I just got my Sound Beginnings materials today, and they are AWESOME! You're going to love them if you haven't gotten them yet! I can hardly wait for our training next week! And good job for the running...isn't that so fulfilling!
Post a Comment