Thursday, September 29, 2011

Kate is Great!

Just after getting home...

Day 2
Day 3
Kate is Great:  This is what my brother calls Kate.  It is true.  As a mother and worrier I wasn't sure how Kate would deal with her dental surgery, or whatever you would call "4 root canals, lots of fillings, and some caps  (all of these on the top teeth) plus some scraping and pushing the teeth apart on the bottom."  But she really did wonderful for all that was done.  She was such a brave little girl.  She is very tiny so she looks like she wouldn't be tough, but she has done better than I would.  I was a wimp with only one filling last time around.  Now on day 3, the swelling is going down but it looks like she'll have a pretty good shiner around her eye when all is said and done.  I was very happy with the dentist and the great job he did - you can't even tell how much he really had to do. 

5 comments:

Marja said...

Kate IS great! That a traumatic thing for everyone. You all seem to have done wonderfully well! Good job!

Sarah said...

Your poor baby! I can't believe she had to go through all that dental work! I hope she was happily sedated :)

Even though your not into blogging a lot anymore, I still loved the update on your family. I totally get what you mean about stepping away from the blog. . .but I can't seem to do it even though sometimes I want to. I feel like I would regret not keeping a record later on, so I feel like I'm stuck, even though sometimes I really want to be done. Anyway, I'm glad you feel at peace with your blogging.

Suzanne said...

Glad to hear you both did well!

The Reynolds said...

What a sweetie! Kids sure are resilient; amazing!

Lloyd Family said...

We all love Kate and are thinking of her! Luv you "Kate the Great"!