Saturday, September 24, 2011

A Date With My Man


 Our month started off FABULOUSLY!  Steve took me to see Mary Poppins.  It was my first experience with any kind of musical at the level of a Broadway show.  I am amazed at the creativity and talents of so many involved!  I have to say that I was actually more thrilled with Bert's character than the woman playing Mary Poppins.  In comparison with Julie Andrews, I felt that she was a bit "smug" or something.  My favorite scene was "Steppin' Time" because the effects were spectacular.  The storyline was similar, but some changes that I thought were interesting.  "Playing the Game"  was kind of weird.  All-in-all a wonderful experience - I felt the message was good (perhaps even better emphasized than the Disney movie).  We went to lunch at Bruges in SLC - I have been craving these fabulous pastry-like waffles and fruit since then.  If you are ever near, you really should try it!  I can't wait to go back.  We are not big spenders on dates so this was quite possibly the most we have spent, and it was well worth it.  We can't wait for another show down the line when we can recreate the experience...

No comments: