Tuesday, May 24, 2011





-My sweet Aunt sent the kids a package last week that included sunglasses for all of them. I couldn't resist snapping pics of them all (before one set bites the dust).
-Isaac finished his spring soccer this past week. This round of soccer has been so rainy that two games were rescheduled and two of the other six were so cold and wet that the kids barely wanted to be out there, much less the parent spectators. All-in-all he did much better this season. Hopefully next year he'll be a little better match as far as size and experience.
-I found Kate sitting on the kitchen floor today drinking the chocolate syrup bottle from the fridge. She had such a happy look on her face that I couldn't get mad at her. Besides, I can't say that I've never had a day where that wouldn't be somewhat tempting, desperate times call for desperate measures. I guess a craving is a craving.
- I guess we need to revamp some eating habits since Kate told me on the way home from church that she didn't want to go home, but wanted Wendy's instead. (To which Isaac replied, "It's not open on Sundays." I honestly don't think I told him that, but since we don't eat out on Sundays I don't mind him thinking that.)
- As a family we are recovering slowly from a period of bad habits/survival called "pregnancy." I am so much better about feeding my family decent foods when I have energy to cook. Don't judge me by the foods my toddler wants. Tonight's menu: Bruschetta chicken, pasta, brown-sugar carrots, and a salad. But, since I got distracted and forgot about the grill pan heating up it might end up being more of a blackened chicken... If you live in the neighborhood and are reading this, don't be alarmed at the smoke or the smoking pan sitting on the deck. When the sealer who married us gave Steve the advice to overlook a burnt meal I just thought he was speaking in generalities, because I thought I was this great cook who was always on top of things, but his advice has proven very helpful as kids and other distractions have entered the picture. Maybe we will have Wendy's for dinner :)
- Along the same lines of re-establishing habits, I made a job chart. For myself. And for the kids, but mostly for myself. I am trying to get into a better flow with my chores and need the visual reminder.

2 comments:

Marja said...

Love the sunglasses! (Isn't it great to get a care package!) We can now only hope that we'll see a little sun to need them...

hoffblog said...

Look at those cuties with their sun glasses! I love it. Also, love the picture of Isaac and his soccer team! It's great that he's playing again this year. Glad his birthday party was a success, despite the adventures leading up to it. I cracked up w/ the food stories about Kate. Joy, Mel's youngest, who is about Isaac's age, was a big fan of the chocolate syrup. She mastered the art of running away from you while guzzling the chocolate syrup - quite a sight. Maybe Kate was having a 'hungry day'. The Wendy's story is pretty great too! I'm impressed w/ the job chart idea and think I should do the same for myself. Maybe I can find some jobs to put on there for Hugo and Sushi, too...that will be the day.