Thursday, November 4, 2010

Post-Halloween Mania

Sorry, there is really no amount of photo editing that can make an almost two-year old look cute with a GIANT tootsie roll in her mouth. She can barely close her mouth. I just wanted you to see the true state of our sugar situation. I am not really trying to have the kids save their candy for later, I just want it gone. Just so you know, this size of candy didn't stay in her mouth long and was soon in the garbage (where many half-eaten pieces have gone... that's what happens when Mom just wants it outta here.) The kids enjoyed their trick-or-treating despite the pouring rain and muddy streets here. Steve didn't enjoy it as much. He is a trooper for taking them- my hero.

And speaking of heroes. Here's the newest: Fireman Isaac. At preschool they've been talking about safety and today they talked about being safe in a fire and even had a fire drill. (I love his preschool teacher!!) He has been so excited about it that there were tears when I told him he might miss it since I had to pick him up a little early for an OB appointment and our follow-up ultrasound. Thankfully his teacher was accomodating and made sure he didn't miss it. He has been talking about the fire drill all day.
Our appointment and ultrasound turned out to be normal. I was only like 5% worried that we might have some kind of surprise bad news. I always worry when an additional test or something is ordered, just cause I'm a good worrier, even when they tell me it's not really something to worry about. I come from a long line of worriers, I'm afraid. My apologies to my children. The choroids had filled in and everything looked great.
The baby, aka "The New Guy" as dubbed by my brother, is growing. He gained almost a pound in the last month. It is nice when the baby is growing and I'm not the one packing on the weight.

1 comment:

Crystal said...

Glad things turned out fine. I love when they tell pregnant women not to worry about their unborn child. Have they met pregnant women?