
We also brought in 12 loads of dirt to start sloping and grading our yard. Thanks to a neighbor whose brother is building homes in the area we were able to get some dirt from where they dug the foundations for the price of renting the truck. It is fairly rocky, like the rest of our yard, but we will take the bigger rocks out and then spread it around the yard. Then we are going to bring in a bunch more really good topsoil to cover it. Lots of work, we know. Definitely not the easy way, but hopefully a less expensive route to where we want to end up. I would be lying if I said I wasn't somewhat apprehensive about how this will all go, especially considering the fact that our neighbor popped out of her house to ask us "What happened?". (Does that imply that she thinks we are crazy? The answer is probably and we probably are...)
So if there aren't any posts until October, it is safe to assume I am buried somewhere beneath all that we have got going on...
3 comments:
I couldn't live without my photoshop skills. Good luck with all the yard work...post an update photo every now and again. We want to share in the progress. And your kids are adorable!
Good luck with all the dirt. I can see the color difference in Kate's picture-nice work. That's a cute one of her!!!
We got one load of soil from Adam's uncle's ranch and it took us FOREVER to get it moved where we wanted. My suggestion: invite all your friends over for a "Dirt Party" and tell them to bring wheelbarrows and shovels and feed them pizza afterwords. Even the kids can help. Good luck and happy gardening!
Post a Comment