Thursday, November 12, 2009

An experiment

I'm kindof skeptical about trying new things, or more specifically replacing things that I'm used to. Recipe ingredients especially.
So when I went to an "Enrichment" (RS Meeting) a few weeks back and it was all about how to make your own pasta, I was sure I would never do it. Yesterday I had planned to make lasagne because I had everything (or so I thought) and didn't have stuff to make anything else. As I prepared everything, I reached for the noodles... and there were none to be found. After calling a neighbor to borrow some with no luck, I decided to make some since Kate was napping and I didn't want to wake her to go to the store. To make a long story short... I made lasagne noodles. Me, the skeptic.
They weren't the noodles of my dreams, but a good start. Isaac even ate them, which is an accomplishment. When I find my camera, and if I remember I'll post pictures later.

5 comments:

Marci said...

Wow!! I am impressed. I don't know if I will take the time to try or not but I'd love to see the recipe.

Jill said...

Wow, that is awesome! I am not sure I would be brave enough to try that one. At one of our last Enrichment meetings, we learned how to make laundry soap - pretty cool! That is one I am going to try . . . or should I be skeptical!?!

Janell said...

Funny. Everything you need to learn you learn in Relief Society?! :)

Adrienne said...

crazy. I'm a skeptic, too, but maybe you could send me the recipe, just in case...

Anonymous said...

That's great that you ventured into new territory. I've made gnocchi and I thought it was really tasty (although a little tough from working with the dough too much). I'm a little afraid of the flat variety. I think it's awesome that you guys learned how to make noodles at Enrichment.