Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Back into the Swing of Things

With Steve back at school, it is now up to us to get back into a routine. This summer has been full of lots of things so we never got into a really great routine. I am finding that with more space to clean, I feel like it is never really clean. Looking for ideas on what works for anybody else. I think I need to change things up a bit.
I'm planning a bit to keep Isaac and I entertained as well.A few neighbors and I are pulling together some ideas for kindof a neighborhood preschool co-op. I hope it flies- I think it would be good for both of us. There is also a story group at the libraray, so I'll see how that is. I hope to be able to do a little substituting up here, but haven't been able to sign up yet because nobody returns phone-calls ;(
Saturday was the open house for Steve's new high school. It is pretty cool! There are some really nice things about it. It is interesting to hear the public reaction to the cost. I think it shows alot about where people get their information and who verifies what they read. Regardlessm we're excited about it...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know this doesn't work for everyone, but I am a HUGE fan of lists. I also focus on different rooms every day. For example, Mondays, I deep clean the kitchen and dining room (I do the dishes and wipe the counters and stove every day). Stuff like mopping and wiping down the cupboards. Cleaning the microwave. Tuesdays is the living room and vacuuming. Wednesday is the bathrooms. Thursday bedrooms and vacuuming again. Fri and Sat I do basic tidying and whatever else didn't get done during the week if I have time.

I guess that sounds a little OCD and don't let that give you the idea that my house is spotless, but the important stuff is done. I also only have 1 kid and he takes REALLY long naps in the afternoon.

Jeff and Michelle and Aliyah said...

Congrats on the Masters! YAY! And good luck with the neighborhood preschool. Sounds like a great idea. Your kids are sooo cute! Doesn't summer fly by too fast?