Tried this recipe out yesterday on the family. Let me know what you think of it... It was a surprising hit for us, but could use some tweaking.
Watermelon-Yogurt-Ice
4 cups watermelon, cubed
1 c vanilla yogurt
1 T lime juice
1/2 c simple syrup ( we did 1 part water to 2 parts sugar, 'cause Steve loves his sugar)
Make syrup and let cool. In 2 batches, puree the watermelon until liquid. Over a bowl, strain the watermelon liquid through cheesecloth to remove any pulp. To the strained liquid add the other three ingredients. Pour into ice cream maker and freeze according to directions.
3 comments:
It sounds interesting. I could easily swap out the yogurt for soy yogurt so Makua could eat this.
I saw a recipe for vanilla-orange popsicles that sounds similar to this. I need to find me a popsicle mold.
IKEA has these cool little popsicle molds. Try there.
YUM! I'm so glad you put this on your blog. It was AMAZING!!!
Post a Comment