I almost even hesitate to post about this... but here it goes. I think by posting this it kindof makes it feel more official, even though it still feels so big and so scary and in some ways so undecided. I am pretty sure we are moving to Heber. (If you know Newbold family lore you know that pretty sure means that there is a chance we might not, as in "I'm pretty sure the car will make it to Wyoming" even though it didn't. Famous last words.)
For the last few years Steve has been putting his feelers out for other opportunities, just to see if those were options to even consider in his career, but nothing has ever come of it. Because the legislature cut some of the education budget statewide, many districts are not hiring and others are cutting way back. There is a position at Provo High that would be closer to where we are currently, but because of $$$ it won't be a full time position. If that ended up being the route we took it would qualify us for WIC - not the best option right now, but still something to explore. Right now we feel that our strongest option is to stick around at Wasatch High and move to Heber to avoid any more close calls in the canyon. It would also cut out 90 minutes of commuting for Steve and give us more time as a family.
The plan is to take this month and get our condo ready to put on the market so we will be able to sell it before we move sometime this summer. June would be our ideal month to move since Steve doesn't have school or BYU classes, but who knows what will happen.
Right now we both have so many conflicting emotions and ideas it is hard to distinguish what really feels right. In the back of our heads we wonder if this is really the right time for this. Will this be a permanent move to Heber? With the cost of living/housing being higher up there, will we be able to afford something that will be in a good neighborhood with good influences on Isaac? Will we be able to sell our condo for enough? It seems like such a big move and it seems like we went from discussing it to "here we go!"
Any advice or thoughts from an outside perspective?
4 comments:
Making those decisions are always so hard. You know we've been through them many times and I feel that we're probably not done yet (did I say that outloud?)! Follow your heart and what's best for your family then pray about your decision. Nothing new there but I've been told by reliable sources that it's a good formula to follow. ;)
I think you should just trust that the Lord will guide you if you need to do something different. Sometimes when we have decisions to make there isn't necessarily right or wrong. If something is wrong, Heavenly Father will let you know.
If you move, we'll have to come visit you when we take a ride on the Heber Creeper. :)
woweee. good luck, whatever happens
Moving seems to be the trend lately. :) Through our experiences it seems that if it is meant to be everything goes so smoothly and works out with very few bumps. I do have a lot more faith in getting answers through prayer as well. Good luck and keep us posted.
Post a Comment