Friday, August 8, 2008

Twilight

So I just finished book one of Stephenie Meyers vampire series, Twilight. First off, I am quite out of the loop and didn't know it was a vampire book until I got reading it. Steve couldn't believe I didn't know what it was about. I was reading it for our RS book group. I like the book, I had a hard time putting it down at times, yet I am not sure if I want to devote the energy and time to reading the rest of the series. I could go either way on that. Part of me says that if I'm not dying to know the rest of the story, then why bother.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

My sister has been trying to get me to read those books all summer long. Just like I resisted jumping on the Harry Potter bandwagon(I still haven't read a single book in that series), I haven't joined this one either. Maybe I will someday. I'm not totally into romance kind of stuff, but the vampire stuff sounds intriguing.

Would you see the movie that's coming out?

Reynolds said...

Not sure if I'd see it or not. It's not really my style.

Suzanne said...

I've read them all. I think Stephenie Meyers is brilliant. And I don't mean a brilliant writer, but she has a way of drawing you in to a story that wouldn't normally appeal to most of us. I read The Host and was surprised that I liked it a lot.

Poulsen People said...

Don't finish the series, Em- you'll be sucked in and it's such a pain! Twilight is by far the best book in the series, but if you ever get curious I have them all and you can borrow them.