Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Satisfaction

Satisfaction, for me, is when I feel like I've made a good choice or investment. Since we (meaning Isaac) had a recent bout with the stomach flu, we decided that we needed to clean our carpets. We have had the debate about home cleaning vs. professional ( costs, results, frequency needed, etc.) We decided that we'd invest in a mid-level model machine and give it a try, see if we save any money, etc. My Mom pointed out a good deal on a cleaner so I raced to the store this morning and got the last one (also very satisfying).

I was eager to try it out, so I used it on the room that will be Isaac's new room. It wasn't our most dirty room so I was a little skeptical of what I would even be able to see. Again, satisfaction as I dumped buckets full of dirty water that had just been pulled from our carpet. Thanks to "W" for the stimulus check, to Mom for the tip, and for Hoover for a satisfying experience.
Oh, another satisfying thing. I got my hair trimmed so I feel like I'm not growing a shag. (Thanks, Hannah!)

4 comments:

Jill said...

Ahh - I love it when life brings us such good things . . . and how little things can bring great joy!

And I am SO excited for the little girl that is coming to your family! She will have such a great home!

Suzanne said...

We used to have one of those machines and I LOVED it.

Banks Family said...

Glad you got the cleaner. I missed the opportunity again. Next time its on sale its mine for sure!

Jeff and Michelle and Aliyah said...

What a great feeling of Satisfaction! I get that feeling when I fix the broken toilet, unpack one of the last few boxes, remember my new zip code, and can finally go to the store or post office without using our GPS system or mapquest! Satisfaction! It's wonderful! Love ya!
Michelle Thomson
www.jeffmichellethomsonfamily.blogspot.com