Tuesday, August 12, 2008
Opening Ceremonies
Okay, maybe it is the second grade teacher in me, but I was so touched by the interaction between the little 2nd grade boy survivor of the Chinese earthquake and Yao Ming, the huge chinese basketball player. The little boy was representing the chinese people affected by the quake 2 months ago. He was buried in his school along with the rest of his classmates. Only 10 of the 30 survived. He freed himself from the ruins of the school then went back to rescue others. When asked why he responded by saying that it was his job as hall monitor and he was just trying to be responsible. Anyways, Yao Ming who was carrying the flag, kept helping him along, talking to him, and picked him up and carried him several times so he could see all that was happening. It was very geniuine and kind. I was touched.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I loved that too. That little boy could not have been any cuter. And I always say that Yao Ming is a miracle because he's Chinese and SO tall.
I didn't get to see it so thanks for sharing, I'm touched reading your recap.
Post a Comment