Sunday, August 17, 2008

Flips N' Flops

Friday morning we got to take another peek at "little miss muffett," as we have nicknamed her. We had another ultrasound to double-check some bright spots on her bowels that can sometimes indicate a problem (down's syndrome, cystic fibrosis, an intestinal blockage). It looks like there's only a person's chance of winning the lottery (small chance) that it could be any of those things.

I am amazed as I have watched ultrasounds at how much they really pick up. Even though I already feel "big" I know that there's still a lot of growing to do for both of us, and I think how tiny the details they pick up really are. I love seeing that she is "shy." She had to be "persuaded" to even show us that she is definitely a girl. This time around she had her hands over her face the majority of the time so we couldn't get a great look at her profile. She also seems to have a preference for hanging out at the top of my stomach and look down. Both ultrasounds have shown her very definitely staying high up (not a predictor for the future, I hope). It is fun to see her and feel that much closer to her than just the flips and flops that she does around dinner time and at 3 in the morning.

1 comment:

Suzanne said...

So fun! It's amazing what technology can tell you these days. And Little Miss Muffet is an adorable nickname!