Thursday, March 20, 2008

A Happy Day for Us


With a little warmer weather and a need to get out of the house we took a picnic dinner and went to the park. Isaac blew all the bubbles he could stand, then dumped out the bottle of bubbles. Isaac is getting so much braver - he kept going down the slides (by himself mostly)! With him getting braver, I get more scared. I used to call protective mothers "Helicopter Moms" or "hover mothers." I hope I'm not to that point, but it sure would be easy to get there when your BABY is doing big kid things. When he'd get to the bottom he would say " 'gen!" (again)! Isaac definitely is more like Momma than Daddy (according to Daddy). Steve is the more cautious of the two of us. We had a very fun time... probably too fun since I forgot about going visiting teaching (sorry Debbie!).
The spring weather inspired me to change the style of our blog and even Steve helped. He changed the "Reynolds Rundown" sidebar thing since the previous one was bothering him - he is way better at grammatical things than I am.

7 comments:

Merinda Reeder said...

Super cute! Your family is cute and fabulous. Thanks for the update on your world.

Anonymous said...

Fun, fun! I can't wait for Makua to be big enough to play in the park.

shannyn said...

i miss that park it was a really good one. i am the worst at being the hover mom, but jack just doesn't pay attention to his surroundings and i know he would biff hardcore. anyway that is a good idea i might have to steal it.

THK ~ Jonathan and Jill said...

I love Picnics and parks!!! What a fun way to put pictures together and I do love your new look - you are fancy! Wish I knew all the cute blog tricks. I will have to play around with mine a bit. Thanks for sharing your fun day!

Love ya - Jill

Suzanne said...

Looks like you had so much fun, it sure made me smile.

Flinders Family said...

The warm weather has been great! Isaac is getting so big! We'll have to plan a day at the park sometime this summer after I stop working.

The Reynolds said...

You guys are a cute little family! It looks like you had a very nice day at the park. We like to play outside too, but the nice days are when we are working. How is that fair?