Friday night we dyed eggs here. Isaac stripped down to his diaper and off we went. I think Isaac enjoyed the coloring on the eggs with crayons (a new medium for our little budding artist).
Saturday morning bright and early we drove to Fruit Heights for the Newbold brunch and stuff. we ate and ate then went to the park while "the Easter bunny" hid the chocolate eggs for the adult hunt. Since nobody was pregnant, we had all the adults participate. Dad got some pics, but they'r e pretty blurry. I must say that my attempts to block the way into the other rooms didn't help at all. Nicholas tripped over me but made a nice recovery and still got more than I did. It was a fairly close ending with all of us within a couple eggs of eachother. (My bet is on Lorie for next year. She was pretty quiet and sneaky but still swept the dining room.) The grandkids easter egg hunt still leaves much to be desired from the participants - Isaac grabbed one egg then took off running to throw it in the neighbors' basketball hoop. Claire pickedup eggs but more like the grabby claw thing that gets toys in the arcade games. Better next year, I think.
Then it was off to the Reynolds' side for the egg dyeing, Rice Krispy sculptures, and egg hunt. Isaac did better at all of these. Isaac opted for eating his sculpture as sooon as he got his share of the krispies. Steve scared Isaac with an old toy monkey - which probably explains the nightmares that led Isaac to sleep with us that night. (Funny, Isaac now knows that people snore when they sleep. I wonder why?)
Easter morning was fun. Isaac was most excited about the goldfish crackers in his basket. (Nevermind the Superman/Batman cape I made for him.) We were able to visit both families again that day. It is weekends like these that make us grateful for having close families.
3 comments:
Looks like you guys had a great weekend. Good idea stripping Issac down to a diaper. McKay kept wiping his hands on his shirt. Great.
What fun family traditions. You manage to do much better than I do with the photo taking as I ended up with none from Easter weekend! Oh well...no scrapbooking decisions. lol
very busy weekend. i love the family traditions i need to start some for my little family.
Post a Comment