My friend and fabulous past roommate tagged me so here I go.
Here are the rules:Find the book closest to you with at least 123 pages.Turn to page 123.Find the fifth sentence.Post the next 3 sentences.Tag 5 people.
Since I am sitting in our office/computer room there are a host of books ranging from "Professional Learning Communities At Work" (a teaching book) to "Calming Your Fussy Baby." Gratefully neither of those applies. My pick book(s):
Small and Simple Things by Marjorie Pay Hinckley. Since the page only has 6 lines I will share it all. "I can only thank my Heavenly Father for wonderful and unusual opportunities. I know that where much is given, much is expected. And that is a frightening thought. D&C 82:3." I am glad that someone like her is also a little intimidated by the things that might be expected, because I, too feel very blessed.
The Girlfriends' Guide to Toddlers: This portion of the book is about tantrums and how to deal with them. "He hasn't got the wisdom of your experience, and he has no reason not to believe that he has become possessed and that it's permanent. And, if you stand bug eyed and yelling at him, he will think he's not only possessed but rejected, too. Ouch! . . . You have a grenade on your hands, and the pin has been pulled. Your job Soldier, is to save the civilians by removing the grenade at all costs."
Done: I Tag Jill Hart, Jill Bowler, Rachel, Kamaile, and Sarah Hoffman. Put your quotes here, or link to them.
3 comments:
Both excellent! I think I'll pay close attention to the Grenade commentary. I have one. :)
I can take on 26 kids in a fight! Woohoo! J/k. That's kind of wrong to be proud of that, huh? LOL!
Tammy
I was going to post the sentences here, but they are too long. :P If you're really curious, check it out on our blog.
Post a Comment