So... it has been a while since I recorded any of our goings on. I feel like our little family is in constant motion, but it is sometimes hard to put down. I keep waiting for the right time to sit and blog, but frankly I don't feel like I always have interesting things to say so I put it off until I do.
Our summer groove hasn't ever really sunk in, so we've kind of drifted from thing to thing. Kind of nice, really. But I do like to have a routine. I guess that is what fall is for.
Steve has been hard at it in our basement. He expects to have the framing done this week. I have even used the nailer a bit myself. Not that I would claim to be the straightest shot, but it worked. I find it cool to see the spaces starting to take shape and imagine the finished product. Hello Pinterest :)
Independence day was awesome! It really is one of my favorite holidays of the year for a number of reasons. I love parades. I love patriotism. I love family time. I love summer. My goal since last Thanksgiving was to run the 5k on the 4th. I enjoyed checking that off my list and perhaps even beat my time on the Memorial Day run, but I would feel good about just having done it regardless of the time.
The kids had such a great day! Andrew was so tired that he even sat in his little chair with the other two kids and watched the fireworks - for him that says something. Since he started walking 2 months ago he has been trying to keep up with everyone and everything. Aren't they getting big?
Steve and I were able to go to St. George to see Aladdin at Tuacahn. The tickets were a gift from Steve's choir kids. Steve is always embarrassed when they do anything as a thanks, but it was definitely appreciated. Something we wouldn't probably have done for ourselves, but will do again someday. The great thing about being outdoors, even with the temp. gauge on the car reading 116, is the things they were able to do onstage like the live animals, fireworks as part of Genie's role, and amazing projections on the water behind the scenery. It was very entertaining! Totally loved it.
We can also claim some victories in the world of potty training. I wouldn't say Kate is there since she still tries to hide or avoid pooping all together, but she earned her first big prize this week and we'll keep working on it. It is so nice to be at this point!
2 comments:
Andrew looks so big! Maybe it's the angle, but he looks bigger than Kate. Glad you are enjoying the lazy days of summer. :)
Way to go on accomplishing your goal! You are an inspiration for some of us who need to get going!
Post a Comment