On Sunday, almost before the Sunday clothes were off and hair messed up, we snapped this picture (this and about a dozen others to make sure we got something) of our three cuties. I never seem to be able to Isaac and Kate smiling nicely at the same time.There you have it. Proof that we have 3 kids. I am still reeling in the reality of that last statement.
A few thoughts and updates from our week+ since posting last:
-I love all three kids, but I am still trying to figure out what to do with all three. Kate is getting better at amusing herself with various artistic endeavours: coloring in the checkbook or my "planner." I don't really have a planner, but a notebook that serves as the place I dump my brain.
-Is it redundant to say we have a really messy two-year old? She is like a little tornado - you never know where she is going to touch down and what she'll leave there or what the damage will be. Examples: Desitin or lotion all over our recliner, bubble bath in the carpet, yogurt all over creation, and don't even mention the toys.
- The mess and finding chips in our new table and chairs have driven me to do something I didn't want to do. I got a tablecloth and covered our table. I love the look of the wood, so this is not my favorite thing, but it beats the angst I feel whenever I discover a new chip. I even put a plastic cover over the tablecloth (yes, Stacey that was your idea, even though you hate the idea) so I'm not continually washing the tablecloth. So, if you are coming for a visit, let me know and I'll make sure and NOT have this on the table.
- I am really loving the little signs of spring that I am seeing around us. We were given a whole bunch of daffodil and tulip bulbs in the fall. We planted them. Now we are seeing some of them popping up in our raised front bed since it gets heat from the house. I hope they won't die because they are really giving me hope that spring is nearer than it feels. Them dying would totally be a crushing blow to my hopes. Can't wait for spring when all the germs kindof go away and we can get out again...
- We've made it one month! Andrew even celebrated by going 4.5 hours between feedings last night! Hooray!!!
- Oh, yes... one more thing to share: an unintended commentary on my appearance these days. This little conversation happened today while I was feeding Andrew. (Since Kate runs off with the blankets when I am nursing, I was without one to cover up and was doing the best I could.)
Isaac: What is Andrew doing?
Me: He is eating.
I: Why are his eyes closed?
Me: He just likes them that way, I guess.
I: Maybe he doesn't want to see your body.
Me: (blink, blink)
8 comments:
Oh! Aunt Tammy wants to squeeze them all! Love you guys. :)
Oh the indignity of it all! Good job mama for not crying. Those are some stinking cute kids!
After I bought our new dinning table, it took me about a week to realize the same thing. I've found some great vinyl tableclothes at TJ MAX. I know vinyl makes it feel a little grandma, but they have ones now with decent designs and it save my table and all that washing. I'm wish you.
lol- i love that little conversation! too funny! also, love the comment about kate and yogurt- this post really made me laugh out loud!
Love it Em! Cute picture of your three ragamuffins. They are super! And you are too-hang in there buddy. Love the story about Isaac and his opinion of why Andrew's eyes were closed when you were feeding him. I laughed out loud.
I loved that little conversation at the end!! It made me have a good laugh!
Cathy
I remember three being so overwhelming. You are so outnumbered. But they do grow up too fast so enjoy every minute, even the hair pulling ones. Oh and your bulbs won't die. They are very resilient even if they get snowed on. Love ya Em!
Don't you love the honesty of children? haha I love the way you describe the things your children do. It's a lovely reprieve from my own pandemonium (aka children). You are amazing - hope we see you soon.
Post a Comment