Monday, December 14, 2009

My Man

What girl doesn't want a man that can sing? I love it. Steve did a solo (3 movements) during the community Messiah sing-in. I was in the orchestra so I got a front row seat. Which didn't go wasted. I definitely was proud, but you'd think I was a giddy newlywed the way I stared at him while he sang. Which, when you are supposed to be playing, is a problem. I didn't even think about the fact that I was supposed to be playing until the guy in front of me turned around and gave me a super weird look. OOPs!So proud of him, needless to say.

5 comments:

Marci said...

My best friend from high school and I used to dream about marrying men that could sing. Now, neither husbands have a voice like Steve, but they can sing. I love it. I can't wait to get a piano so my girls can understand how wonderful their dad really is. So..I totally understand your swooning. Good job.

hoffblog said...

Go Steve! Jon can sing, but he doesn't, so I'll have to settle for sound bytes from others whose husbands will.

Adrienne said...

wish I could have been there to hear you both :) I'm sure it was amazing!

Adam and Debbie said...

I wasn't gawking at handsome boys, but I did the same thing when I played for our community musical this summer. I wanted to watch, and sometimes I forgot I was supposed to be playing...

Anonymous said...

Emily, you crack me up. I can just picture the scene in my mind. :)