Friday, September 11, 2009

You Are What You Eat...

Friday evening dinners are hardly ever gourmet here. We either go out (which I love) or have leftovers from this past week. Tonight was leftover night. As I stared down day three of chicken and rice (apparently NOT a family favorite) I was struck by the differences in our choices and what it might mean about us. Steve's dinner of choice was actually not dinner - it was leftover Arby's Roast beef sandwiches from his 5 for $5 lunch splurge. (I can hardly even think about eating one of those.) Then there was Isaac, eating leftover pizza and drinking milk. That boy is always wanting to drink milk; if he were ever to need a blood transfusion we could probably save some money and just hook him up to a gallon of milk. Kate's munchings have amounted to cereal and anything but veggie baby food. Not sure what all of this means... just thought it was funny.
Dinner conversation was funny, too. Isaac started it off by asking us what our favorite color (not flavor) of popsicle is. His favorite is gray. What flavor would that even be? I shudder to think.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

haha. that made me smile.

hoffblog said...

I'm not sure what flavor 'gray' is supposed to be either. Maybe one day you'll figure out. What's your favorite 'color' of popsicle?

Anonymous said...

Hehe...that's funny. I don't know if I could eat a leftover Arby's sandwich, but I would have helped you with the chicken and rice. :) I try really hard not to get tempted into eating out every Friday night, but sometimes the prospect of not having to clean up after myself is too much.