Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Our Morning So Far (aka - Little House on the Prairie)

I've gotta hand it to the pioneers. They did lots of things I never want to do, but admire nonetheless. Enter this guy. (And five thousand billion of his friends.)

Which makes me cranky and a lot creepy-crawly feeling. So this morning I am prepared for battle.

Isaac is, too. His weapon of choice is a tumbleweed.

Steve got us off to a good start by spraying a bug spray around the perimeter of the house and garage. So these guys in the garage are a result of his efforts. These are just a few of the ones from the garage ( a 5x5 spot).

Lots of bugs, but it is worth it. Look at this view from our porch. Depending on which side of timp you are from this is either the front or the back, both sides claim they live on the front. I don't know that you can tell, but the leaves are turning and there was a slight mist in the air. Very pretty.

Wish us luck in our fight against the crickets. It's only 10 am and I've already killed at least 5 inside our house and more in the garage...

4 comments:

Suzanne said...

Okay the cranky picture is creeping me out more than the crickets. That doesn't even look like the Emily I know. Way too motherly stern looking and I'm shaking in my slippers! lol

Sarah said...

inside the house? yikes! good luck in the fight.

Jeff and Michelle and Aliyah said...

Yuck and Good luck! I love all the pictures to illustrate preparation for the battle! They made me laugh! I'll be praying for the seagulls to head that direction! Gorgious view, by the way!

hoffblog said...

I've seen that Emily face only a handful of times--this means war. It makes me think of the summer that there were zillions of grasshoppers. Steph still hates them to this day because of how many there were. Well, good luck in the battle!!!