It seems to me like I have been in a time warp this last little bit. A lot has been happening, yes, but I feel like I'm in slow motion. So here's a little catch up on us, but without pictures for now.
Steve's concert turned out great. He always has places he would improve, but what good educator/musician is ever satisfied. It is always a little crazy trying to get myself and Isaac pulled together to get up there, but I always feel that it is worth it. I could tell the kids truly enjoyed themselves and I feel like my "sharing" my husband is worth it when I can see their progress as well. Being the last concert of the year, the seniors were feeling nostalgic and expressed their thanks. It is neat to see some of the kids I didn't think would make it, much less keep with the choir, hang in 'til the end and be some kids that I enjoyed talking and joking with on tour. Steve feels the same way.
Isaac had his 2nd birthday and thoroughly enjoyed himself. He kept asking for more cake and had to blow out a second round of candles because it was so much fun. What a big boy he is getting to be.
Steve's family has had a rough week. Steve's sister lost their baby (about 19 weeks along) last week and the family has been grieving with them. Steve's brother also had to have an emergency appendectomy on Sunday. We just are keeping them in our prayers.
Primary has been a little crazy with the task of having to release and "replace" (for various reasons, all of them moving on to good things) about 1/3 of our teachers. Plus a quarterly activity this Saturday.
Steve's plodding his way through the craziness that is the last week of school, including auditions for the school musical for next year so they can rehearse over the summer. (Kind of a time change- experiment. We'll see)
With all of this, I think someone in our family has had some bug or something since before our trip to San Francisco. I'm looking forward to summer and an end to this junk.
Summer plans? We decided that instead of going on vacation this year, because of gas and time limitations, we would purchase season passes to SevenPeaks. Yay! We also found out that my sister and her hubby will be coming out (from New Jersey) for a visit around the 24th of July which makes us all very happy. They both have a talent of casting a funny light on even the worst situations, which we all need from time to time. Steve will be completing his 2nd to last summer on his masters.
3 comments:
Glad the concert went well and things are winding down (or is it up?) to summer for you. Can't wait to see some birthday photos! Happy Birthday Isaac!
hooray for a new post. i was wondering what happened to you. i'm glad that steve's concert went well and i'm very jealous you guys have passes to seven peaks, it is so much fun. i wish we were there to go with you guys.
Sounds like you guys have been busy. Sorry to hear about Steve's family. Miscarriages are heartbreaking.
Seven Peaks passes sound like fun. I'm hoping to make a trip out to CA, but we'll see. Gas prices are pretty scary.
Post a Comment